The Model Railroad Club of Toronto was founded in 1938 by Harry Ebert and Borden Lilley.
Originally located in Harry Ebert’s basement, the Model Railroad Club of Toronto (MRCl) soon moved to new premises at Toronto’s Union Station.
Following World War II, the railways required the Union Station space the Club occupied, so a hunt for a new home was on. In January 1946, the Club moved to its long-time location in the basement of 171 East Liberty Street (formerly 37 Hanna Avenue), a former munitions factory.
In April 2013 the Club relocated to 11 Curity Avenue, Toronto. Over the past 83 years a great many have belonged to the Club and enjoyed themselves through friendship with others that share their passion for the hobby. For many, membership at the Model Railroad Club of Toronto has been a lifelong commitment.
The Model Railroad Club of Toronto, Inc. is incorporated as a non-profit corporation under the Ontario Corporations Act.