Working with community partners, we create spaces for Emerging Artists from equity seeking groups to showcase their work, to access opportunities for professional development and to engage communities meaningfully and actively in hands-on, high quality arts education integrated to issues of Social Justice.
Our aim is to establish a space to support artistic production and education in the Arts in order to:
– Increase support, access and visibility to emerging artists from equity seeking groups living in Canada as well as international artists.
– Increase the visibility of newcomer and refugee artists in the artistic scene in Canada.
– Foster and build a connection among artists and other community partners to promote art work and art education that engages communities in issues of Social Justice and Community Development.
– Collaborate with national and international institutions and artists-run centres and organizations in order to improve access and visibility for emerging artist and to promote the integration of Arts and Social Justice.
– Engage artists in local, national and international opportunities that promote professional development in their individual practices and in community engaged arts.
Through ARTS we build and inspire the communities we envision.